Hair Care Instructions
Upon receipt of Hair
Always inspect the hair before installation. Leave the bundle intact. Feel free to comb, brush or wet it if necessary but do not cut the wefts or lace until you are satisfied with your purchase. If there are any problems you should be able to detect them at this time. If you have an issue or concern, please contact us before installations or alterations.
Virgin hair must be shampooed and conditioned prior to installing. For the best results, do so with bundle intact. We recommend using sulfate free shampoo. It is very important not to use alcohol based products because you don’t want to strip the hair of its natural oils. Protect your investment!
Step 1: Shampoo & condition hair properly while bundles are intact
Step 2: Brush with paddle brush and then remove bundles from band
Step 3: Air Dry
Step 4: Seal the weft (We recommend Fray Check which is sold at Michaels or Walmart)
Step 5: Install
- Shampoo every week in a downward motion. Do not massage.
- Rinse with warm water and apply conditioner in a downward motion.
- While conditioner is in hair comb through with a wide paddle brush. Start with the ends of hair and work your way up to the scalp. Rinse with cold water.
- For wavy or curly hair add a small amount of mousse or styling cream if you like more of a uniformed look.
- Brush damp hair with paddle brush starting with the ends. ( Do not brush or run fingers through dry hair)
- Let air- dry (for wavy or curly hair; curls will form beautiful ringlets on its own)
- Before going to bed two-strand twist or braid into one loose large braid in the back of the neck.
- After waking up, undo braid and style as desired.
- If looking to wear natural waves or curls of hair, wet hair with water bottle and apply a dime size of Argan oil. Use a paddle brush and start brushing from the ends of hair and work your way up. Let air dry.
Protect your weft
Minimal shedding is normal. We do advise sealing the weft to protect your investment. It can take up to 5 days for sealant to cure so do not install the hair until the process is completed according to instructions on sealant packaging.
Never sew through top of weft because it can cause damage and shedding. We suggest sewing around weft.
Additional Hair Care Tips
Remember, virgin hair is real but it is no longer receiving nutrients from the scalp. Therefore, keeping the hair moisture with pure oil is important. If you must use heat, use a heat protectant cream or oil. Be cautious of how often you use heat and dye because that will shorten the life span of the hair. Our virgin hair is good for 120 washes so as long as you take care of the hair, it will help give you The Best Look. For more hair care information visit us online at www.dabestlook.com